Spring semester 2023 (February 1st, 2023 – June 15th, 2023)
We are pleased by your interest in accommodation at the dormitory of the Prague University of Economics and Business (VŠE).
This page should guide you through the process of application for your accommodation. Information below is only for exchange students of VŠE.
If you are interested in accommodation at the VŠE dormitory in the Spring semester, it is necessary to:
- APPLY FOR AN ACCOMMODATION
- At iskam-web.vse.cz from November 4, 2022 to December 2, 2022 (you can apply also later, but in that case you will not be able to choose a room)
- Instruction to log in and orientation in the accommodation system ISKAM
- Instructions to apply for accommodation (waiting list: EXCHANGE – Prague VŠE, 2022/2023 spring)
- PAY THE DEPOSIT of CZK 5 000 no later than December 2, 2022!
- Instructions for the payment of deposit in the accommodation system
- Then status of your application will be changed from ”Approval in progress” to ”Preliminarily approved “ on December 6, 2022 (This means that everything is alright and you can choose your room)
- CHOOSE A ROOM
Room is possible to choose in ISKAM from December 8, 2022 at 10:00 am (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/czech-republic/prague).
At this time, the application status will be changed from the “Preliminarily approved” to ”Approved”.
- „Premium: single-bed room” – total price is 51 322 CZK (383 CZK/night)
- „Premium: double-bed room” – total price is 35 644 CZK (266 CZK/night)
- „Premium room: one person in a double-bed room” – total price is 55 074 CZK (411 CZK/night)
- You can choose from „Premium: single-bed room” or „Premium: double-bed room”
- If you do not choose a room until December 14, 2022, a random room will be assigned by the Central Accommodation Office.
- If you want to change the reserved room, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not cancel your reservation in ISKAM!
- Single rooms
- Please note that the number of single rooms is limited.
- The system works on a “first come first served” principle, thus payment of the deposit will not guarantee the reservation of a single room! We do not guarantee Exchange students the single rooms.
- In case that all single rooms are already occupied, you may pick a bed in double room. Then it is possible only in case of free capacity to reserve a room with an unoccupied bed. In this case student has to send an email to email@example.com.
- PAY THE RENT
- Your accommodation is booked from February 1, 2023 to June 15, 2023
- You have to pay the rent for the whole period all at once, A deposit of 5 000 CZK is not part of the rent!
- By the day you move into the dormitories, you must charge a minimum of 10 000 CZK or the entire rent to your main account at ISKAM.
- The rest of the rent must be paid upon arrival, otherwise is not possible to move in.
- MOVE IN TO THE DORMITORY
- Information about moving in you can find here
- If you come to Prague earlier, you can stay at the “hotel accommodation” located at our dormitories cz/en .
- If you arrive later than February 8, 2023, please send a notice email directly to Mrs. Veronika Schneiderová (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In case you are accommodated in Thalerova dormitory, please contact dormitory manager about your arrival
If student will change his mind and does not want to have an accommodation at the dormitories anymore, it is possible to send the cancellation request until January 5, 2023 in ISKAM in the application: Waiting list → Exchange → Cancellation Request. In this case, student will get the accommodation deposit back reduced by the bank handling fees. The deposit will be refunded in favor of the bank account number, which student filled in ISKAM in basic information. If the application for accommodation is cancelled after January 5, 2023, deposit will not be refunded!
According to the contract conditions, residence fees for Exchange students are paid until June 15, 2023. Exchange students can move out prior to this date, but please note that dormitory cannot refund any money for earlier departure.
Registration of a foreigners to the Foreign police (FP)
- Every foreigners accommodated at the dormitories of the Prague University of Economics and Business have to report their stay to the FP.
- Notifications obligations for stay of foreigners to the FP is ensured by dormitory (accommodation provider).
- Accommodation provider is obligated to report the stay of foreigner to the FP within 3 working days of the entering the territory of the dormitory.
- Report of foreigner to the FP is carrying out electronically.
Rooms are equipped with bedding, sheets, lamp, heating, microwave and fridge. Bed line will be prepared in your room without towels, toiletries (toilet paper, soap, shampoo etc.), and hairdryer. Kitchen is not equipped with dishes.