In terms of organisation, the Technical Department of the Department for the Administration of Facilities (SUZ) is accountable to the TD manager, who is directly accountable to the director of the organisation. In order to perform its activities, it has been divided into two working groups, which are mutually interconnected in working on some projects where they closely cooperate. Each group has a leader, who coordinates its activities.
1. “CENTRAL MAINTENANCE” Group
- Arranges repairs and maintenance requiring professional qualifications in all SUZ buildings. Performs some small-scale investment activities, which are carried out by SUZ in its buildings, ranging from selection of suppliers to the performance. It monitors and carries out regular revisions in the buildings. It keeps records of revisions and work done.
2. “FIRE SAFETY AND POWER ENGINEERING” Group
- It continuously checks the performance of fire prevention tasks, determines and updates the effective system of performing the fire prevention tasks, consisting in conducting preventive fire prevention checks, keeping records of checks of fire prevention material means and fire safety devices. It arranges fire prevention training of officials and professional training of fire prevention officers and fire prevention guards.
- A power engineer is responsible for supply of power – electricity, gas, water and steam to VŠE SUZ buildings. In performing his/her work, he/she monitors and sees to economic use of power in buildings, checking the quality of the power supply. He/she examines individual power devices, and plans, controls or ensures their maintenance. He/she regularly monitors the costs of individual energies and takes measures to reduce the power consumption, if necessary.
A separate group of activities of the Technical Department includes investment activities, which is supervised directly by the manager of the Technical Department, who administers these activities, is a direct partner in negotiations with suppliers, and coordinates the activities in coperation with the SUZ management. Employees of the Technical Department are in permanent contact with individual managers of all departments/objects of SUZ, and coordinate their requirements within as well as outside the scope of the aforesaid areas.