Statutes of the Department for the Administration of Facilities
of Prague University of Economics and Business, 2015
- The Department for the Administration of Facilities of the Prague University of Economics and Business (SUZ) is a special-purpose facility of the Prague University of Economics and Business (VŠE), pursuant to Section 22(1)(d) of Act No. 111/1998 Sb., on higher education institutions and on amendment of other acts, as amended (the Higher Education Act).
- SUZ is part of VŠE pursuant to Article 19 of the VŠE Statutes, as a special purpose facility. SUZ is not a legal entity. The powers of SUZ are defined by these SUZ Statutes issued by the rector upon approval by the Academic Senate of VŠE.
- The full name of the facility is: Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze – Správa účelových zařízení (Prague University of Economics and Business – Department for the Administration of Facilities)
- The address of the facility (directorate) is Jeseniova 208, 130 00 Praha 3.
- Company Registration No.: 613 84 399, Tax Registration No.: CZ61384399.
- SUZ VŠE uses a line stamp containing the following text and format:
Department for the Administration of Facilities
of Prague University of Economics and Business
Jeseniova 208, 130 00 Praha 3
- SUZ as a special-purpose facility provides accommodation, boarding and other services, especially to VŠE students and employees. In case of free capacity, it provides similar services to students of other higher education institutions and other persons. SUZ also provides required services to other VŠE facilities.
- SUZ also carries out additional activities including accommodation, boarding, tourism, sports and leisure time of students and employees and other persons. These activities are based on more efficient use of SUZ capacities and property administered by it.
- SUZ also rents flats to VŠE employees and non-residential premises in buildings administered by it.
- SUZ is managed by a director appointed and dismissed in accordance with the VŠE Statutes.
- The SUZ director is accountable to the rector for compliance with legal regulations, efficient use of funds and due management of assets, unless otherwise stated by the rector in the form of a measure.
- The director manages SUZ to the extent of his/her rights and duties laid down in VŠE´s internal regulations and standards. Within his/her powers, he/she is responsible for their observance.
- The director manages, organises and supervises the working and other activities of SUZ either directly or via heads of departments, halls of residence and the remote site.
- The director is entitled to act in the name of VŠE in matters related to the SUZ´s activities with respect to third persons to the extent of competences defined by VŠE internal regulations and other standards and/or within the authorisation by the VŠE rector.
- The director is a direct superior of the director´s secretariat staff, heads of departments, managers of halls of residence and manager of the remote site.
- Upon consultation with student self-administration bodies, the director issues the Rules of the Halls of Residence. The director is entitled to issue other standards, orders, instructions and ordinances, which regulate the operation of SUZ in accordance with Article 2 of these SUZ Statutes.
- The director is responsible for arrangement of cooperation of SUZ with student self-administration bodies in halls of residence (councils of halls of residence and the Central Council of the Halls of Residence) to the extent laid down by the VŠE standard.
- The director may appoint his/her advisory bodies. At the same time, he/she will define the scope of their activities, the structure and code of conduct.
The Organisational Structure of SUZ
- 1. SUZ has the following organisational structure:
- a. director´s secretariat,
- b. departments managed by heads of departments,
- c. operating units – halls of residence managed by managers of the halls of residence,
- d. remote site “Halls of Residence and Canteen Jindřichův Hradec” managed by the head of the remote site.
Details of the organisational structure, including the powers, scope and extent of activities of individual departments, operating units and the remote site, will be defined by the DAF director.
Student Self-Administration Bodies
- In accordance with paragraph 10 of Article 11 of the VŠE Statutes, the rector sets up the Central Council of the Halls of Residence as his/her advisory body, and individual councils of halls of residence as student self-administration bodies in the halls of residence.
- Election of members of the Central Council of the Halls of Residence and individual councils of the halls of residence and their authorisations and activities are regulated by standards applicable throughout the institution, which are issued by the rector upon consultation with the Academic Senate of VŠE.
Heads of Departments, Canteens and Remote Site
- Each department is managed by a manager of the department, who is accountable to the SUZ director for managing the relevant department. A manager of a department manages, organises and supervises the activities and work of employees to the extent of his/her powers and according to instructions issued by the SÚZ director.
- A manager of a department deputises for the SUZ director to the extent specified by the SUZ director.
- Individual operating units – halls of residence are managed by a manager of a hall of residence; the remote site is managed by the manager of the remote site. Managers of halls of residence and remote site manage, organise and supervise the activities and work of employees to the extent of their powers and according to instructions issued by the SUZ director, in buildings within their competence. Managers of halls of residence and remote site are responsible for arrangement of cooperation between the relevant hall of residence and student self-administration bodies in the halls of residence (a council of a hall of residence) to the extent specified by the VŠE´s internal standard.
- The employer-employee relationships with respect to managers of departments, halls of residence and remote site are executed, upon proposal of the SUZ director, by a person authorised by the rector to execute the employer-employee relationships.
Fundamental Rules of Management and Supervision
- The SUZ´s management is based on the budget approved by the Academic Senate of VŠE, which is part of the VŠE´s budget. Results of the SUZ´s management are discussed by the Academic Senate along with results of the VŠE´s management.
- The SUZ´s management is governed by applicable legal regulations, VŠE´s internal regulations, especially the VŠE Statutes and Rules of Management included in Schedule no. 2 of the VŠE Statutes, and all other relevant standards.
- Managers of departments, managers of halls of residence and the manager of the remote site are responsible for results of management of their division.
- SUZ employees carry out supervision to the extent of their powers defined by the job content, SUZ regulations and in accordance with general legal regulations, VŠE internal guidelines and other VŠE standards.
- As of the effective date of these Statutes, all previous SUZ Statutes are repealed.
- These SUZ Statutes were approved by the VŠE Academic Senate on 1.7.2015 and come into force and effect on the date of being issued by the rector.